Sunday, April 20, 2008

Buy Stock in Hershey's?




Okay, okay I know it looks bad. Maybe Hershey's is the new gateway drug, who knows? But I thought it was okay if it got him to drink his milk... For you parents out there, I am sure you can attest to the daily battles at the highchair trying to get your kids to eat right. Well, I have found an easier way. I am now hooked on Jessica Seinfeld's book, "Deceptively Delicious."
James ate every vegetable under the sun until about 12 or 13 months when he acquired some kind of 6th sense and could find the one pea you hid in a cup of pudding and pull it out only to drop it over the side of his highchair while mocking you with cherub smiles as if to say, "I win, you lose!" So, one night, Tony and I stayed up to the wee hours of the morning making veggie purees which we now hide in everything from scrambled eggs to homemade ketchup, etc. The best part is he eats it and Tony and I glance over at each other with all-knowing smiles thinking, but not saying, "We finally won!"

No comments: